January 2020 is a fresh start for eBay Buyers and Sellers
It’s a time to re-evaulate what we like to buy and what we like to sell. Do we want to change direction and possibly add Amazon or Etsy to the mix? Do we want to keep it local and use Nextdoor or Craig’s List when buying or selling to stay away from shipping hassles? How can we get the items we sell in front of more eyeballs?
January Means Deals for Buyers
- Sellers are trying to get rid of ornaments and assorted Christmas decorations and many are offering huge discounts right now. January is the best time to buy holiday items! As a seller, it’s time to list all your left over holiday items! Lot them up, put them on sale! Buyers will find you!
People Buy for Themselves in January
- During gift giving time, December is the month when people are buying for others. During January those same people are buying things for themselves. They use the gift cards they were given (teachers usually make a big haul in that department these days!) or they purchase the things they really wanted but didn’t get at Christmas time. January is also a month of many returns. Many people received the wrong size, the wrong color or just the wrong gift, so January becomes the month to make it right and get exactly what you want! This equals more active buyers!
List Like Crazy
- There are many people who received more items than they really wanted. What is the best way to handle that? That’s right, sell it on eBay! Instead of re-gifting, why not sell your unwanted gifts and make some money? Remember the basic rule of thumb for eBay, the more you list, the more you sell. Trust me, it works like a charm. My Januarys are almost always bigger sales months than Decembers! See for yourself!
Spring Clean Now
- January is the month when we get serious about getting rid of clutter and simplifying our lives. Start small with one drawer, one closet or one box at a time. Touch each object ONLY once and make a quick decision: Keep it, Sell it or Donate it! You will begin to feel so good, when you tackle the overwhelming project of downsizing or cleaning up in a systematic and day to day way.
5 Minutes at a Time
- Don’t take on too much. Try it for 5 minutes at a time at the beginning and then stop. Repeat the next day and so on! The morning hours always work better for me, since I have more energy at the start of my day. Take it one step at a time and keep the momentum going each day. You will eventually reach the tipping point that you will actually notice the difference in your efforts!
Use a Calendar for Goals
- As a consignment seller, I try to list 5 items per client at a time. If I have a lot of clients, I rotate through them and that keeps my listings varied all the time. This week I listed McCoy pottery for one client, new clothing for another client, sports memorabilia for yet another client and a bunch of magazines for myself. Don’t forget to sell your own items, even if you are a consignment seller! I also took in about 25 boxes of high end shoes from another client and I will make a dent a little every day! I like to list 5 new things on Craig’s List per week and 25-50 new things on eBay.
What are your goals?
- I’d love to hear what they are! Please comment below.